On Sunday, June 26, 2016, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is sponsoring the 6•26 Golden Streets Car Free Event. Connecting seven (7) cities and six (6) Gold Line Stops in the San Gabriel Valley, the event invites the public to walk, run, skate, bike and explore the 626 along 17+ miles of open streets, from Azusa to South Pasadena, from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
The sponsors of the event have provided the following 7 notes to make sure you have a safe and great time:
- Golden Streets is a FREE event! But bring at least a few dollars to patronize local businesses, sample some of the SGV’s food, drink, and ride the Foothill Gold Line.
- YOU get to decide where you start and finish. There is no right or wrong way to experience the event. 🙂
- All forms of non-motorized transportation are permitted, including walking, biking, skating, jogging, ambling, and strolling.
- Golden Streets is NOT a race. There are no finisher medals or awards. Only smiles and miles of open streets.
- Share the road. Please exercise caution so everyone can have a safe, enjoyable day.
- Specific Activity Hubs will remain open longer than the route itself to allow participants time to relax, patronize local businesses, and experience the SGV’s diverse offerings before heading home. Detailed timeline, locations and offerings will be posted in Spring 2016.
- Don’t forget to stop, enjoy, and take a picture! Share your best snapshots on social media with the hashtag #626GoldenStreets for a chance to win special one-time-only Golden Streets swag!